No, we’ve not roped in Kirstie and Phil, we’re talking about the new holiday craze for 2021 – the staycation.
With international travel still hanging in the balance and our summer holiday plans in limbo, lots of us will be staying closer to home, or at least in the UK for our jollies this year.
Whether it be a boutique hotel stay, stylish glamping, or a quaint bed and breakfast, you’ll find it all in Yorkshire. The best bit? You can spend lots of time at Xscape with non-stop, fun-filled activities for all the family.
See here for the latest brand updates and visitor guidance in relation to Covid safety and restrictions.
What’s at Xscape?
We’re well-known as THE ultimate day out destination, bursting with 100’s of things to do all under one roof! And we really do have something to suit everyone.
Whether you enjoy pastime favourites or something a little more adventurous, we’ve got it all – from adventure golf, bowling and trampolining to laser tag, urban climbing and skiing or sledging on real snow.
Adrenaline junkie? We’ve got you covered.
The UK’s premier indoor snowsports venue Snozone offers skiers and snowboarders alike the ultimate and authentic snow experience. Newcomer? Not to panic! Whether it’s your first time or if you’re an experienced snowboarder, Snozone has a range of indoor activities to suit all ages and abilities. Bringing the family along for the ride? Spend some time in the real snow with Snozone’s 30-minute family sledging sessions.
Keep your staycation action-packed at Gravity, now taking bookings for the trampoline park, urban climbing, birthdays and more:
- Gravity Aerial Adventures: Suspended on a sky coaster as you make your way around the course. Did we mention you’re 70 feet in the air? Choose your challenges, with the additions of Leap of Faith and Free Fall as you dare the jump.
- Gravity Rocks: Pushes the boundaries to help you push your own. There are different themed walls to match your ability, with trained staff standing-by to assure your safety.
- Gravity Trampoline Parks: Wall-to-wall trampolines and an inflatable assault course to keep you bouncing with excitement.
- 4D Golf: Unlike any crazy golf you’ve ever played before! The UK’s first glow-in-the-dark golf combined with 3D theming and special effects on each and every hole.
- Funstation: Housing the biggest, brightest and best in carnival and arcade games. A new approach to an all-time family favourite. Basketball to VR rides, Funstation has it all.
- LaserZone: Out of this world! Explore the multi-level, fully marshalled arena, equipped with state-of-the-art laser packs and phasers. Score points by zapping your opponents and blasting their bases.
- Tenpin: With plenty of bowling lanes, family-fun arcade games, bar games, and great tasting food and refreshing drinks, Tenpin is the place to be.
- Volcano Falls Adventure Golf: A quest you’ll never forget. On a mysterious island with 18 holes ready to be defeated. Equipped with a brand-new café serving drinks, ice creams and hot and cold snacks for you to enjoy as you talk over all the action of your game.
- Xplore Soft Play Centre: Promises an exciting and stimulating play experience for little ones. An indoor adventure suitable for children of all ages and a seating area for the grown-ups.
Looking for more action? Find all the activities to make memories at Xscape Yorkshire here.
*Activities at Xscape Yorkshire are to be booked separately with the individual brand
Get the family talking after all the action and refuel your energy levels with a great selection of your favourite places to get stuck-in. Grab a coffee, unwind with an après ski pint or enjoy a three-course family meal.
Other local attractions to visit
Turn the long weekend into a full week with plenty of other activities on our doorstep. Shopping until you drop? Junction 32 Outlet is your go-to for a spot of retail therapy. Getting to grips with culture? Stop-by at Pontefract Castle and The Hepworth Art Gallery and Gardens. For those budding Bob the Builders there’s no place like Diggerland. Plus, Leeds just a 25-minute drive or 30-minute train journey from Xscape.
Still not convinced? We’re here to help. Explore plenty more over on the Experience Wakefield website.